বিশেষ সংবাদ

বিশেষ সংবাদ

International

64 killed in tribal violence

International Desk: At least 64 people were killed and many more people injured in a sudden attack in the mountainous region of Papua New Guinea.

Read more : 12 Members of the Same Family were Killed in Iran

A police spokesman told the BBC that people were fired on indiscriminately during ethnic disputes in Nga province.

Police are recovering the body near the town of Wabag, about 600 kilometers (373 miles) northwest of the capital, Port Moresby.

Read more : Thaksin Released on Parole

ABC reported citing Acting Superintendent George Kakas of the Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary, Such an event has not been seen before.

He said, we are all devastated and mentally stressed. It's really hard to explain. Police have rescued several videos and footage of the scene. A truck loaded with dead bodies was seen there.

Ethnic conflicts often arise over the sharing of land and wealth. Earlier, a three-month lockdown was imposed in Nga province in July last year. Police imposed a curfew and travel ban at that time.

Read more : More Than 29,000 People Killed in Gaza

Nga province governor Peter Ipatas said the ambush could lead to renewed conflict. He said "We knew that such a fight was going to happen and we warned the security forces last week to take all possible measures to avoid such clashes."

The government declared a state of emergency last month after at least 15 people were killed in massive riots and looting. Australia, a close ally of the country, says that such incidents are very worrying.

Sun News/MR

Copyright © Sunnews24x7
Most
Readed
Recent

All pay respect at Shaheed Minar

President Mohammed Shahabuddin and Prime Minister (PM) Tarique Rahman paid so...

Extortion in the road transport sector is also corruption: TIB

Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB), has warned that describing extor...

Parliament's first session on February 26

The new government led by the BNP is set to convene its first session of the...

VC Niaz Ahmed Khan resigns

Dhaka University Vice-Chancellor Professor Niaz Ahmed Khan handed in his resi...

Journalist Saleem Samad is no more

Saleem Samad, an award-winning investigative journalist, writer and media rig...

Newspaper notice for Sheikh Hasina, Kamal and others

The International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) has ordered the publication of a news...

Journalist Saleem Samad is no more

Saleem Samad, an award-winning investigative journalist, writer and media rig...

VC Niaz Ahmed Khan resigns

Dhaka University Vice-Chancellor Professor Niaz Ahmed Khan handed in his resi...

Parliament's first session on February 26

The new government led by the BNP is set to convene its first session of the...

All pay respect at Shaheed Minar

President Mohammed Shahabuddin and Prime Minister (PM) Tarique Rahman paid so...

sunnews27x7 advertisement
Lifestyle
Entertainment
sunnews24x7 advertisement
Sports