Naturally, honey has many qualities. It has the ability to cure multiple diseases. Moreover honey helps to increase body temperature in winter. Honey itself is a food that gives good energy. It increases warmth by providing heat and energy to the body. So if you eat honey, winter will not stamp you out.
Lets have a look into the benefits of honey in winter:
- In winter, people suffer mostly from cold and cough. Mixing honey in lukewarm water will reduce the risk of cough. And those who have been suffering from whooping cough for a long time; they will be cured quickly by having one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of ginger juice every day. However, children under one year of age should not be given honey.
- Burns and cuts are not easily cured in winter. Honey contains antibacterial ingredients which prevents the growth of bacteria in wounds, burns and cuts. If it is burnt or cut somewhere, apply a thin layer of honey on the wound. The pain will subside and heal faster.
- In winter, the amount of food intake increases for various types of tasty food including pitha-payesh. Many people face digestive problems. Mixing one tablespoon of honey in one glass of lukewarm water will improve digestion.
- Many people suffer from breathing problem due to cold. This sweet natural antioxidant is quite effective in such trouble. If someone drinks honey mixed with tea or warm water every day, they will experience the benefits.
- Winter causes the most damage to the skin. Honey contains antifungal ingredients, which helps skin to heal faster. In case of skin disease, apply honey on the affected area regularly. Mix a little water with a teaspoon of honey and use it on the wound.
- Lips get cracked in winter. Regular application of honey on the lips before going to bed at night helps to get rid of dry skin on the lips. As a result, the lips remain soft and the beauty of the lips also increases.
Copyright © Sunnews24x7